Sunday, January 02, 2005

Paris: Bed sweet bed

I didn’t catch up on my sleep in the plane and was sort of lost and robbed during my first two hours. Now with the thief nowhere in sight I return back to the train station. Now comes the real problem. Je parle a peu Francaise. Tres tres tres peu. How do I find a small hotel in this city with very very very little French skills?

I finally find a girl at a counter who knows little English. I ask for the road Rue Rodier an she starts looking for something. “Wow! she at-least understood me and is looking for it”. She finally directs me to the road. I marked it with bold pen in my MAP J I am too tired to buy the tickets and luckily the metro trains run free on New Years day. I catch a RER B and get down at Gare du Nord. Rest of the journey was uneventful. Though “Taxi” was not interested in taking me to the place from Gare du Nord and I had to trek to the Hotel. The Hotel bed seemed especially comfy that night and I settle down to my first sleep in 36 hours.

Late at night I get up, ask a girl in the lobby if I can visit some place at 11 in the night. She tells me the way to “Moulin Rouge” The New Years eve tickets are 500 euro and I am in no mood to spend that kind of money on a student budget.

Next: Eiffel Tower and Roaming the City

No comments: