Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The first Weekend at HEC

I told before that the weekends are totally dead at Campus as everyone leaves the Campus. The first Friday night, we planned an outing in Paris. There were 11 of us from the exchange program in the group. I forgot to take my camera and so pictures will follow later during my next visit. We had classes till evening and so just went to The Notre Dame Chapel. Later we searched for some place to eat.

Dinner Tip: As I said try to go to an authentic French place. You might have problem talking to people as the may not know French, but the experience is worth it. We had a girl from Spain who knew a little French and so we were fine. Also, you can choose menu option have a good meal with choices for Salad/Soup, Entrée and Desert without wine for less than 20E. Then all of us came back by the last train. My prior experience with RER C helped us get back safely.

Sunday, the exchange students had a planned a outing to Eiffel Tower and skating that afternoon. I planned to go to movie with a group of French friends. Because of my Chicago body clock, I was late and ended up seeing “Alexandre” (That’s how it is spelled here) in English with French subtitle alone. Later I had a lunch at a café. My desert was … You guessed it Chocolate Crepe :) It tasted better than Chocolate Pancakes as there was more chocolate than Crepe.

I bought a SIM and other important stuff and headed back home.

No comments: