Saturday, January 01, 2005

Just few days left to leave

A week before departure I fell ill. The temperature stayed above 102 for a couple of days. I am not the kind of person who likes going to the doctor, but with the travel coming up, I went to the doc. Whether it was the doc's medicine or Tylenol, my temp came down to below 100 within 24 hours.

New Year in Paris:

I have always reached the airport at the last minute. I just find ways to be late. In a trip to SFO in the middle of Dec 2005, I boarded the wrong train - blue to O'Hare rather than orange to Midway:) Anyway for the first time in my life, I reached the airport well in advance. I took my boarding pass 2.5 hours before the flight departure. Gave my Check- in baggage to the screeners. Everything was going on as expected. "I am going to be in Paris for New Year - Yahoo".

No!! That is not meant to be. There was some problem with my mom's ticket; she was traveling to India 3 hours after me. So, I had to cancel my ticket and change it to next day. Finally, my mom ticket issue is resolved and she leaves on her flight and I am left behind.

No New Year in Paris
L. I saw a couple of movies and became a couch potato (bum) for one night. Finally caught the flight next day. My New Year was spent on Air France flight 221 somewhere over Atlantic. In fact, as there is no island and hence no timezone in Atlantic. In effect, I didn't have a New Year.

No comments: