Thursday, January 13, 2005

Have mercy on me

...screamed my shoe and hair. I desperately needed shoe polish and shampoo (I brought conditioner instead of shampoo from Chicago ;) Also, I was running low on my cell phone SIM card minutes as well as International Phone cards.

Jouy en Josas is a small city or I should say village. There is only one superstore and you have to go to Paris for everything. The problem is I don’t have student card and didn’t know the way to Jouy superstore - ATAC. Also, first week was very busy with all the required sessions as well as classes.

Jouy has one Pizza shop, One barber, one pub, two pharmacies…You get the idea. In fact, the students organize the dance parties at the Campus.

To add to the problems, we were still on the Chicago Time zone sleeping at 4-5 in the morning and getting up at 11 in the morning. In fact, we had a mandatory session “Cultural Integration and…” on Friday morning the first week. There was a New Year Party with the theme of Playmates (School dress in case you thought something else;) the night before on 6th. I went to my room at 2:00AM. Others were there right till end at 4:00AM. The next day only one student showed up – a guy from South Africa who didn’t go to the party. We got a pink slip in all our pigeon holes the next day saying ……

There was another thursday night party, but I came early again as I had to go to Paris to search for apartment in Paris. As many of you know, I plan to experience both the Campus life as well as the Paris while in France

No comments: